David Gianulias is one of the founders of Levendi Winery in California and is known as a wine connoisseur among his friends. Having been born into a family with a legacy of winemaking, he got into the business in 2000 and has since produced several fine tasting wines. He also invested in the co-creation of Innovation Spirits branding company and produced a brand of Tequila named Aga Vie.
David Gianulias knows the importance of choosing the right wine to go with a meal. Choosing the right Chardonnay can be quite challenging for many white wine drinkers because it is the undisputed champion of white wines. However, knowing a little bit about its characteristics will help in making the right choice.
If you are choosing a Chardonnay, you must ensure it is served extremely cold. If you serve it at room temperature, though it is palatable, it will be too bold. Chardonnay has intense flavors and serving it at room temperature will be quite overwhelming. When Chardonnay is chilled, its flavors are toned down and are easily differentiated.
Younger Chardonnay wines are less complex that older ones, since it takes time for the complexities in it to develop. To find out which flavors you prefer, you might want to try a blind taste test. Choose three different Chardonnays, make sure all three bottles are at the same temperature, and taste each one separately. Make sure you cleanse your palate after tasting each wine, and make your choice. David Gianulias knows that the most balanced Chardonnays go well with pasta or shellfish.
Learning how to properly taste wine is one of the most significant aspects to enjoying a wine experience according to David Gianulias. As one of the family founders of the Levendi Winery in Napa Valley, California, this is a topic that he knows much about. Here he offers his own instructions for proper wine tasting.
It is important to understand that the mannerisms and customs observed with tasting wine are not meant for show. Each of the four classic wine tasting steps has a purpose that is vital to the overall understanding of the wine that is being presented. When a waiter brings a bottle to be tasted, this is the chance one has to discern if the wine offered is appropriate and at its best for service.
One can tell a great deal just by looking at the color of the wine in their glass. A solid rule of thumb is that if the wine is cloudy or looks to be the wrong color, it should not be drunk. Hold the wine glass against a white backdrop to truly see the color of the wine. Reds that are a lighter color and have more of a brown hue are generally aged longer, while young reds are more purple.
The next step in the tasting process is to smell the wine, thus checking the bouquet. It is important to take a full breath when smelling the wine. If the aroma of the wine is pleasing, the wine will likely b pleasing as well explains David Gianulias.
David Gianulias, a long-time professional in the building and construction industries, knows the ins and outs of the home building process. With his family company, Three G Development, he has supervised the construction of many new homes in Southern California. Building a new home is an exciting venture for any home owner, though the steps may be intimidating. Here he explains the beginning parts of the home building phase.
- When a homeowner decides to build, the first thing they will need is a piece of land to erect their new dwelling. Considering that the land has been purchased, that lot or acreage will need to be prepared. This is the first step to building any new home. If the site is not prepared properly, all types of issues will arise over time.
- Wooded or overgrown lots will need to be cleared for construction. Also, if the land is uneven or not graded efficiently, that should be handled at the beginning. If there is a considerable amount of debris or rocks on the land, those will likely need to be removed with heavy machinery. If the homeowner intends to use a septic tank, its placement will be decided and the well area will be dug.
- Homes that will have a basement will have additional steps at this point, such as digging up the appropriate depth for that room or rooms. Regardless of whether the home has a basement or a slab foundation alone, those areas will need to be framed out after the ground is sufficiently leveled says David Gianulias.
Serving as one of the founders of the Levendi Winery in California, David Gianulias is known amongst his friends as a great resource for wine knowledge. Many people ask him how he chooses which wine to bring to a gathering or function held by someone else. To answer their queries, he gives the following advice.
- For those who are new to the world of wine, selecting the right offering for a dinner party or other occasion can be very intimidating. Before shopping for a wine choice, it is important to ask a few questions and understand the nature of the gathering. Armed with a little knowledge beforehand will make the whole process easier and overall more successful.
- In most cases, wine selection will firstly be determined by the food that is being served at the event. Knowing how to pair wine with food is something that is learned over time. There are, however, a few standard rules that can make even the novice wine connoisseur have an easier time in choosing.
- If the event will also serve food that is bold in flavor, the wine must accentuate and have the ability to stand up to those robust flavors. This is often the case when red meats, game, and acidic or tomato based pasta sauces are being served. For these types of menus, choose a red wine. If the food served will be lighter in flavor, such as chicken, fish, or creamy sauces, choose a white wine. The exception to this rule is when spicy foods are served. Regardless of whether the foods would fit into the traditional red or white categories, it is smart to pair spicy foods with a sweeter wine to promote balance on the palate.
- If the event will not have food served as well, a few classic choices for sipping wines include a Cabernet, Pinot Noir, or Riesling. Certain Sauvignon Blancs are also good for simple sipping without the accompaniment of foods.
- The next choice Gianulias will make is based on the region where the grapes were grown. He is of course partial to the Napa Valley region, though knows that many fabulous vintages are found around the world. He recommends that those who are new to wine play it safe and select wines from France or the Tuscan region of Italy.
- To narrow down his selection at this point, he must choose a specific varietal or blend. If, for example, he has determined that a red wine from Australia will be the hit of the party, he often selects a Syrah. Depending upon the food and the region, there are still many delicious choices at hand, explains David Gianulias.
David Gianulias and his family have always had a passion for wine, which is one of the many reasons why Levendi Winery has become such a success since it was founded in the year 2000. Though the winery predominantly manufactures white wines, it can’t be denied that a quality red wine is able to provide a slew of benefits to drinkers, especially in terms of their health. Below are some of the many health benefits that are commonly associated with drinking red wine.
Good For Your Heart
Red wine contains an anti-oxidant called Resveratrol, which is able to reduce the amount of saturated fats that clog up your arteries. This leads to better circulation of the blood in your body, which serve to keep your heart in great condition. While it would be inaccurate to say that red wine drinkers are immune from heart disease, those who enjoy a glass every day will certainly enjoy a reduced possibility of suffering from such ailments.
It’s Good For Your Mind
It is widely-believed that red wine works to keep the mind more active, which in turn serves to put off the effects of aging while ensuring you enjoy a higher level of mental agility. Some have also theorized that those who drink red wine on a regular basis are at less risk of suffering from ailments such as Alzheimer’s disease.
David Gianulias entered the wine industry because it is something that his family has always been passionate about and he uses recipes and methods. A good bottle of red wine will contain a substance known as melatonin, which is commonly linked to improving sleep patterns. While this certainly doesn’t mean that you should drink a lot of red wine if you suffer from insomnia, the occasional glass should up your melatonin levels and make it easier to enjoy a regular sleeping pattern.